Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like. . .

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Have you been to a store lately?  Apparently the Christmas season is upon us.  Tinsel and holly are filling the aisles. . . or rather large blow up santas and light up . . . everything, are filling the aisles.  But not at our shop.  For now it is still filled with harvest fun.  Need a Thanksgiving centerpiece? Some fun fall oak and dot garland? A corn husk wreath or leaf felt place mats?  A canvas harvest banner? That's what you'll find if you come shop our booth (along with great furniture and all year round decor, of course).  After all, it IS still mid October.



Halloween is a little over-rated in my book, but Thanksgiving I LOVE.  It's autumn, it's family, it's great food.  Really, what's not to love (except perhaps the inevitable rain)?  But honestly, Thanksgiving kind of gets the shaft.  Things go from haunted orange explosion straight to blown up snow globes that my dog barks at all day (not in MY yard, mind you).

That being said. . .



As creators and sellers of seasonal stuff, we must think ahead.  And since we are participating in a holiday bizarre that gets stocked October 28th, we are getting in the holiday spirit around here.  Not too much happening yet, but I thought I'd give you a little glimpse of winter whiteness, soon to be headed your way! And just to mess with my mind a little, I even listened to Christmas music while I worked today.  It feels a little sinful thinking of Christmas in the midst of my most favorite time of year.

As much as I LOVE fall and Thanksgiving, I dive right into the Christmas spirit the second I wake up the day after Thanksgiving (though I don't go seeking that spirit among crazed, bargain seeking, sale shoppers. . . if you know what I mean).

How early to you start pulling out the Christmas decor?  And how do you decorate for the season?

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket