Pages

Monday, December 6, 2010

Farrell House Envy

Monday, December 6, 2010


Over the weekend I attended a local Holiday Home Tour.  It included A house that I have drooled over for a while.  In fact, I swore if that house every went up for sale I would buy it.  It was built in 1915 and is all kinds of fabulous.  I even wrote about it here.  But alas, when it did go up for sale, my husband objected, firmly, to buying a house that had original 1915 wiring and plumbing and windows--never mind the original fir trim, wrap around porches, sleeping porches, multiple wood burning fireplaces, history and charm and general fabulousness of the place.



The new owner, though in mid renovation, decided to be part of the holiday tour and cleared the dust long enough for a few local interior decorators to do up the place.



One of those lucky ladies was the owner of Camas Antiques, JoAnn Taylor.  I offered to help her. . . she nearly accepted.



But as a consolation, she did include several of our pillows in the decor of the master bedroom.



I have to say, I was a little bit green with envy while walking around the house (which distracted me from taking many pictures--and the ones I took don't do the place justice. It felt so big and spacious and. . . lovely).  I would LOVE to be in her shoes right now.

(Those french doors lead to large glassed in sleeping porch!)

And even though I would never decorate the bedrooms in Tiffany blue and vibrant orange, I am excited that she is going to have an open house in the spring when all the work is done.



You can bet I will be the first in line.

In the meantime, our cute little twin bed, which used to look like this:



is currently on display in the Camas Antique front window display.



And it couldn't look any cuter!



I am tempted to buy it back myself!

Happy Holidays!

9 comments:

Brandi said...

Such a gorgeous home! As is yours! I bet it was a lot of fun to tour. A sleeping porch would be perfect in the summer! Congratulations on having your bed used as a display! you must be really proud!

Karena said...

Jenni I adore your site...Congratulations!!

Remember to come & enter my $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!

Xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

Just found your blog and I am smitten...I adore that house and would have snatched it right up. Boo to your hubs for not agreeing with you.

TheVirginiaHouse said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TheVirginiaHouse said...

I'm over here from Urban Farmgirl. I love, love everything here! I can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Hey gals! I love these photos, beautiful, indeed. Visiting from Urban Farmgirl... love your blog. I'm a new follower, and will be keeping up. Love your name, and all you show off here.
I decorate with lots of white, also. It is a joy to find you today :)
Blessings
Becky C
Buckets of Burlap

Cindy said...

Hi,

I just found your blog, and i love it! Your house is so gorgeous, and you given me so many ideas. I'm definitely a fan, and can't wait to dig around in your site some more...

Laura Lynn said...

I grew up in Camas and remember that house. There were many others in the area that were charming like that. It's nice to see reminders of home!

Laura Lynn said...

On a sidenote...
My mom purchased a vintage handkerchief holder complete with handkerchieves when they had the Farrell & Eddy auction. It used to sit on the counter there.

 
◄Design by Pocket