Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Snowflake Mobile

Thursday, December 9, 2010

We seem to have a one track mind around here.  Christmas, Christmas, Christmas.  And way more craftiness than any other time of year.  I am ready to start painting a dresser, or redoing these cute little chairs sitting in my living room waiting for a face lift!



Every year my family does the 25 days of Christmas and one of our traditional activities is to make snowflakes.  I decorate with snowflakes every Christmas, and since moving to the Northwest my paper snowflakes are usually the only snowflakes flying around (unlike the rest of this country!).

Lisa and I have made many snowflake ornaments for the shop--some of which I have made in the past with my girls, but this year I decided to try a new one. . .


Origami snowflakes. . .


Then I made them into a mobile.



I have visions of hanging it above a table set with white ironstone. I am even in the process of sewing a set of white ruffled placemats to go with that vision.  If I pull it all together in reality like the lovely picture in my mind I will take a picture of it and share it with you.

In the meantime, if you want to try your hand at these snowflakes, and are direction challenged like I am (seriously, have you tried to read an origami diagram?), you can find a youtube instructional video here. Or you could try this snowflake (I am trying that one next).

Happy Crafting!



***Linking with Kate @ Centsational Girl and the Christmas Craft portion of the Holiday Home Party***

6 comments:

Sheila @ Dodging Raindrops said...

Beautiful! I live in the Northwest, too. Paper snowflakes always make me think of the movie Elf! :)

Tricia - A Rosy Note said...

Well yes, I have tried to read an origami diagram and it didn't go so well...I would probably need the video too. Those snowflakes look so cute :)

Rene' said...

I'm in LOVE with your blog and things that are white :) I'm a new follower...look forward to more visits :)

Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek said...

I came over from Urban farmgirl and I'm a new follower!

Denise said...

Thanks to Mary's feature on your blog, I have found you and am following! I live in the NW too :) Love your blog.

Jamie Ortega said...

I just found your blog and am so excited because I just moved to Kent, WA a year ago in September. I have been trying to decorate my little boys room and was wondering if you guys knew of a good apholsterer for a chiar I want to put in his room.

e-mail rjortega@gmail.com

 
◄Design by Pocket